27 January 2010

marathon mania

so one of the things on my bucket list {like my real bucket list, not my utah one} is to run a marathon.

monday on my run i saw a poster for the utah valley marathon, saturday, june 12th.
i got really excited and thought about it the rest of my run. at that point i still hadn't decided whether or not to stay for spring/summer. well, now i'm staying.

so some girls in my math ed class were talking about marathons today. one of them is doing one in may. the other is going to do the utah valley one. and i asked them "when on earth do you train" and la la la...if they can do it [with the same class schedule as me + both of them work 15 hours a week] then certainly i can [without working 15 hours a week].

so i emailed erin. she's out. that would involve her coming up for the weekend [and she would have altitude against her]. well, bummer. i don't want to do it alone. so then i asked steve. he's in. hallllllelujah. i am so excited.

it's not official yet since i haven't signed up, but i will be this weekend {right after i do my teaching internship application, scholarship apps, and fafsa. oh, and my math exam and other assignments}.

please send your positive vibes this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment