02 May 2010

the sunday evening post, 26th ed.

featuring: little letters.

dear family,
i'm missing you. and i haven't had much time to talk to any of you, which makes me miss you more. but you are coming in 6 weeks to see me run my first marathon. i am so excited! and erin: you are going to live with me soon! and emily: you are going to come help me set up my classroom! and dana: you better come too! and mom and dad: you should just come visit me all of the time!

love you.
your long lost-but-not-really-i'm-just-800ish-miles-away sister/daughter,
heidi
dear devoted blog readers,

one of my {new a few months ago} favorite songs is called "my love" by the bird and the bee. i was introduced to it by jb's dd / this friend's photo blog {just click the link and love the song. then look at his site & blog and you'll want him to be your photographer too.}. anyway, i loved it so much that i bought the cd the other day. and i would buy one of their others except for the fact that it's labeled explicit. what?! no fear--this one is clean. so just buy it. it's a throw back to breathy, 60's music. looove it. the vocals are similar to nancy sinatra, so of course i love it.

love,
h. the rocker.


dear marathon training {mostly hal higdon},

in 6 weeks i will be finished with you. i have run a total of 592 miles since january [532.5 since i decided to do the marathon and started training]. i can't really believe it. i am so ready for you. so pumped. i can't wait to cross that finish line. ya-hoo. that's probably what i'll say. that or i will breathlessly whisper "i...fi...nished". i'm hoping for the former.

some complaints.
1) huge muscles. uh, you made my muscles huge. and my pants are just a wee bit too tight. but, i can handle it for 6 more weeks. then i'll be getting a pass to the gym and doing lots of yoga and body pump [except provo is lame and has no bp, which is why i bought a bunch of bp songs and do it in my room.] and i will be doing some kick boxing [so wish it were body combat with my little brazilian eduardo...], and a whole lot less of running, although, i cannot give it up completely. never, no never.
2) tans. i have a horrendous shorts tan AND sock tan. well, more like a shoe tan. my feet are white. and weird sports tanks tan lines. 6 weeks, 6 weeks...
3) shin splints / runners knee. well, after 550+ miles, i'm just now experiencing some minor pain. it's bearable. ice ice ice. i've taken advil twice before long runs. oh how i abhor that stuff. 6 weeks, 6 weeks...
4) time. you take so much time, dearest marathon training. it's incredible. but i enjoy it [minus all my complaints].
5) blood. apparently my left foot likes to skin my right ankle sometimes. and it's always done that. just the left attacks the right, never the other way. so now there's blood on my shoe. and i always come home with dried, crusty blood on my ankle.

but, i'm excited.
see you at the finish line,
mighty heidi


dear world,

please visit this site for some information on our Savior, Jesus Christ.

it's the best gift i can give you.
actually, this is. well they both are.

love,
heidi

have a fabulous Sabbath.
mine has far exceeded fabulous. and there's still more!

No comments:

Post a Comment