03 August 2010

angels & tender mercies

two things to share. some good news, then some really good news.

first, the good news.

i worked so hard in my classroom yesterday.

don't worry, the swamp cooler in my room was turned off because it was absolutely unbearable and humid. and the humidity caused some mold to develop on the floor and the desks to leave little rust marks on the carpet. why don't schools get more money!? (ahem, and teachers too.)

here are two of the things i accomplished yesterday:

calendar!
includes: weather, birthdays, straw count (for the days of school), and the days of the week.
will also incorporate patterns and time and money as we learn about them.

check-in!
the back of that fishbowl has magnets on it. then i made a bunch of little goldfish that will have each students name on it. and there are magnets on the back. and when they get to school, they find their fish and slap it in the fishbowl. awww, so cute.
my classroom will be COMPLETELY done tomorrow. thank goodness. right now it looks like a tornado hit it.

and now, for the really good news.

i got b's on my first 2 stats exams. and i was totally fine with that. given my stats history/situation, i just want to pass it and be done with it. i was pretty sure i was going to get a c on exam 3. and that worried me because i will probably do the same on the final (which i am taking monday at 1 and then jetting home! thank you nice professors that let us take things early so we can go to the beach). and then i just had this horrible feeling that i wouldn't get a c. and i don't want a c anyway. by "i just want to pass and be done with it" i mean, "i want to pass but i want to pass with a b (since i'm obviously not working for the a)." alright, enough of this. I GOT 100%! whaaaat!? yeah. i saw that screen and called gabe immediately. he has been tutoring me. and last night he studied with me for a little bit but i had been going since 7 am and my brain was not on. and i thought i'd get a c. and i didn't really feel like i knew the material. okay please ignore my long-windedness.

two things come to mind:
1. The Tender Mercies of the Lord, Elder Bednar (here)
2. The Ministry of Angels, Elder Holland (here)
3. O Remember, Remember, President Erying (here)

The Lord has truly blessed me. Lately I have been stressed, tired, overwhelmed, and feel like nothing is getting done. I have been the recipient of much service and haven't been able to give any (which is also stressing me out). But the Lord has blessed me tremendously. He has put all of these angels, my friends, in my path that have been helping me and tutoring me and talking with me and praying for me and more. He has blessed me with many tender mercies--those little miracles--day after day. I am reminded of President Erying's talk (O Remember, Remember)--it's a favorite of mine. He urges us to remember and recognize God's question. Ask yourself the question: How have I seen the hand of God blessing me today? As he promises, doing this and writing the thoughts and feelings and impressions, my testimony has grown--of the Savior and His Atonement. And I too have become "more certain that our Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers." He certainly has been answering mine.

"I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."

No comments:

Post a Comment