15 August 2010

the sunday morning post, 37th ed.

so, i tend to be long winded. i can't help it. i have a lot to say, always. and i can type super fast. so the combination just means a lot of writing. and i think it and read it fast so it doesn't seem like too much to me until i look at it. i'm doing it right now!! anyway, the goal is to write less. i'll just face it: no one really cares or wants to read it, anyway!

highlights of the week!

monday
stats final = NO MORE STATS EVER
road trip home with katie!!

tuesday
home!!
family beach day
farmer's market on main st.

wednesday
kayaking with em, dana, paparupa
downtown disney for disneyland fireworks

thursday
breakfast
reagan library

friday
beach day with dana
eat pray love
[liked it/loved it. there were things i didn't care for from a moral perspective, however, it made me evaluate some things in my life. plus, i loooove the soundtrack. and i bought it. harvest moon by neil young was in it and i love that song so when it came on in the movie i was so happy. except, i already had it so that's not why i bought the soundtrack. i bought it for the nice and easy joao gilberto and bebel gilberto songs. same reason i love the soundtrack from the movie "a good year" with russell crowe--another good one. rent it. watch it. love it. buy the soundtrack.]

saturday
lazy day--
budget with mom [aka, "how poor am i really?" oh, poor.]
planning schedule [9 days til school starts! yikes!]
bank
target with dana
[it took every ounce of my being for me to not buy any tshirts or blouses or skirts. instead i bought some cool teacher stuff from the dollar bin!]
ipod
[bought some new stuff, got some new stuff from the fam, made some playlists, etc. will post on new favorite music selections soon--you will not want to miss it.]
just dance on the wii with em. first time. spice girls fo liiife. and mc hammer can't touch this. i'm good. real good.
family movie time. + popcorn.

sunday
favorite day of the week!!
church
then grandpa and grandma's!
then g.ma's for dinner
then paaaarty! [that means t.b.d. (to be determined)]


and now for the long awaited, much anticipated photo shoot pre-eat pray love with em.
i fell asleep.
?
n, p.
sisters!


this is what i studied/thought about this morning:

27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

11 I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment