04 August 2010

hot glue gun + heavy duty stapler + duck tape + magnets + velcro = my classroom

Dear world,

I am sorry you are sick today.

Love, Heidi


okay, so i wrote something to that affect in my diary when i was like 6. cute, i know. it was raining, and i thought the world was sick. well, it is raining today. and there's some pretty gnarley lightning going on out there with occasional crashes of thunder.

so my day today.
woke up. ran. decided to switch my route half way through and took an unexpected detour. i only knew where i was going because i could see the Angel Moroni on the Provo Temple. the temple will always lead you to the right place.

continuing. i left around 9.30am. went to the district office, laminated some things, ran to Walmart for some supplies, and got to my school about 11am.
and i worked, and worked, and worked, and worked.
then katie came to put up my reading corner that she so graciously volunteered to make. love her. and love it.
then i went to walmart again for more hot glue and magnets and got a wendy's berry summer salad and plain baked potato. i was gone a total of 37 minutes--i'm fast (no, i did not get a ticket. probably should have.). then i turned on the tv since i had been listening to music for the past 7 hours while working. and the Lord loves me--seinfeld just so happened to be on the channel the tv turned onto. so i watched it for 15 minutes while i ate.
then back to work.
then i left at 8.55pm before the alarm reset for the night. last one out--won't be making a habit of that.
then i got gas.
then i got home.
and now i need to make my job chart so i can put it up before 9.30am.

AND I AM TIRED!

here are some pictures of my classroom!

comprehension and fluency.
and a crab.
the blank spot to the left will have my job chart
"a sea of helpers".
and i'm not quite sure will go to the left of that.
long vowel sounds.
6 traits of writing.
forgot to make a sign that says "6 traits of writing".
will be done in 5 minutes.
a whale of a tale!!
writer's workshop station.
stages of writing and underneath is a bunch of writing helper things. like green light, red light: underline your capital letter at the beginning of the sentence in green and circle the period at the end in red. yeah, i love 2nd grade.
oh and there are all of the parts of speech! well, the ones we will be learning.
and my schedule is on the left of the chalkboard. and my voice light.
calendar! you saw that already.
and 100's chart! that flips over from the back so i can write on the easel, too.
genius, heidi. genius.
annnnnd our carpet area.
"make a splash with math"
and the cute reading corner katie made!!!
catch the reading wave.
LOVE it.
and i looooooooove love love maps.
so i put one up, even though we won't be using until march-ish.
and it's right next to the sink at their level so they can go and stare at it, like me. and they'll start learning about the world!
and a little video of the stuff i didn't take pictures of. enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. cute cute cute!!! I love everything! <3 well done Miss Kendrick :)

    ReplyDelete