20 October 2010

fall break 2010, pt. 2

better late than never, right?
i know you're just dying to hear about the rest of my break.

i was BUSY.

friday morning i arose early (ok, like 7.15--that's an extra hour and a half!) to run and pump before breakfast with my marigos (3 amigos--kelly marie moved but tedi marie moved in and heidi marie and katie marie have just become so close with her.  we miss kelly.  she will never be replaced, we just have 4 when she's with us, too.).

i don't have a picture, but here is one of my favorites of my sisters and i at our annual mimi's new year's eve breakfast.
[we did go last year, right? i'm pretty positive we did, but i can't find a picture!]



friday i worked. classroom things.
then i went to the temple at 7.30pm.
then i katie and i hiked the Y at 10pm.
this is a lame picture from my cellphone, but i just love the view.  it is gorgeous!!

saturday i went to yoga.
[yes, i am back into it.  i go as often as i can which was 3 times last week.  and then i do 5 sun salutations, ashtanga style, in the am and pm for about 10 minutes.  my body feels incredible.  i can't believe i let it go for so long!!]
then i cleaned my apartment.
then i worked on school stuff.
then i went to my classroom.
then i got home at 8pm, took an hour break while i ate a "comfort food" [oatmeal] dinner and wasted time on the internet.
 then i worked from 9pm - 12.30 am, except for the 15 minute interruption i had from the marigos and then the other 15 minute interruption i had when tedi sliced her foot open and called katie and i downstairs to check it out.
so except for my little breaks, i worked from 10am-12.30am saturday.
talk about no social life!
but i needed to do it and it felt good.
[and i still worked for 2 hours sunday :( ]

here's some of what i did in the classroom:
switched the comprehension and math boards.  math needed more room, comprehension/fluency needed to be by the reading corner (duh)
and put up all of the numbers and more math 'stuff'
and i cleaned and organized my files!

so cute.


in other news....sunday was absolutely fabulous.
great speakers.
strong Spirit.
my testimony grew.

the bangs are getting long and i have been thinking about cutting them, and haven't yet. and i decided that after 3.5 years (yeah, didn't realize it had been SO long.  i never cut or change my hair.) i decided to go back to side bangs. (see, not even that much of a change. side bangs, front bangs, side bangs...wow.)

i sent this picture to my family. i hate taking self-portraits.

and now i'm going to do some yoga since i was looking forward to it all week, especially after my run today and then i walked in and it was pilates.  i was so disappointed, but i like this pilates instructor, so it was okay. i'll go to yoga tomorrow! but really, i need to do it right NOW. and i will.

also, my school pictures came in.
anyone want a wallet?
or a 5x7?  how about an 8x10?

No comments:

Post a Comment