24 October 2010

witches/fall leaves/sick&beef/eyes/bucky/schedules

first, remember when i said one of my sweet little girls brought me a card with an eraser taped to it?  well, here is the inside of the card.

witches
we made shape witches on friday.
this is my nice little mess as i was making a sample while the kiddos were at music.

and here are 2 that my students gave me.
they are on my fridge.

fall leaves
it's been rainy all weekend.  i love it.
i have a love/hate relationship with it.
love: it's magical and a change from the dryness and heat.
hate: i can't run.  [well, i can. but that was hardcore marathon mania training {/ remember how i ran the first 13 miles of my marathon in the pouring rain? yeah. done.}  and i am so over running in blizzards and rain. a little snow is okay with me.]
also hate it if it drags on and i can't see the sun.  and it means snow.
love: thunderstorms.
but this wasn't a thunderstorm.
now that i have a gym pass, the rain is MUCH more welcome.  and the snow too.  that was in no way a wish, though.

also, you probably know that one of my favorite things about fall is the changing leaves.  this is right outside of my apartment.  isn't that pretty? [except that it's taken on my lame phone.]

sick & beef
during school friday i got this horrible head cold.  it didn't feel sinus-y or headache-y.  just faint, fatigued, and tired.  which is weird because i had gotten 7.5 hours of sleep--that's a weekday record (plus i never even got that much during fall break!).

so i left school at 4pm after having to talk with my facilitator, the special ed resource teacher, and planning with the 2nd grade teacher.  my classroom is a mess.  well, kinda a mess. i just picked up my bags and left.  i talked to my mom on the way home and received some really sad news.  and then i cried for 2 minutes in my car, walked up to my apartment and katie asked me how i was.  i told her my sad news and she gave me a big hug.  then i ate a banana and took a 2 hour nap.

anyway, friday night i just didn't feel like doing anything.
tedi took me to golden spoon for a date before i went grocery shopping with her.
and i found this HUGE thing of ground beef.  absolutely disgusting.
my head was hurting again.
i woke up saturday morning and felt great and did a pretty intense workout before hitting the yoga mat for an amazing yoga class.  well, at the end of my workout my head was hurting again. i pretty much only feel good for the first 2 hours after i wake up.

eyes
along with this horrible head stuff, my eye has been red.  not pink eye, no. but i can't wear my contacts, well i can but only for a little. so i did to the football game yesterday (which the cougs won).
i put the iphoto on bulge so you could get a great look at me eye. and you can't tell too much there, but it's sick.
 i woke up feeling great today and still do. probably because i've been pumping the vitamin c and vitamin d. no over-the-counter stuff. i hate it.  sleep, C & D, water, exercise {but don't do the latter if you really are sick, actually--just listen to your body. body language.}. 
i took a nap after church.  that means i napped friday, saturday, and sunday!!! i'm going to be great this week!

bucky
i want to cry just looking at this picture and typing his name.
the sad news i received from my mom on friday is that bucky is dying.
for anyone who's ever lost a pet they know how sad it is.
i'm not talking like a goldfish.  i'm talking a dog that's been in the family for 10 years.

 this is sad me over bucky.
{k i was just playing on iphoto, but this is what i look like when i'm sad.  or just staring...}

i don't really want to talk about it because it makes me really sad.  i haven't really been around bucky much the past 2 years {except when i was home 4 months last summer} and i'm just so sad that i can't actually be there with him.  my family tells me that he just wants to be pet now.  he doesn't get up or eat or anything.
okay, i'm stopping there {for my sake}.

schedules
this is usually my face sunday nights
it says, "oh i have SO much to do this week."

this is my plan book (half of it)
the boxes only have 2 words in them.  that means i still need to plan the lesson.
which means the week nights are crazy.
endless cycle.
my facilitator said i'm in the land of never done.
true story.
parent teacher conferences this week, which means: no school friday!!
which means: gym in the morning and day date with tedi in the afternoon!!!





also, please note the progress of the side bangs.
they're growing.
i like 'em.
welcome back.

No comments:

Post a Comment