28 July 2011

husband.

let me just tell you about my handsome husband here.

he is so caring, thoughtful, forgiving, selfless, loving, diligent, etc. so Christ-like. and just plain amazing.

last week i was really sick with constant fevers, chills, body aches, and a horrendous stomach ache. after 3 days of pain with no improvement, we went to the urgent care and after talking with the doctor, an x-ray, and drinking some nasty stuff, i was told i had a peptic ulcer. (stomach ulcer.) crazy, huh? all those fruits and veggies are making holes in my stomach! okay, not really. it's from the bacteria h.pylori, or heliobacter pylori which i learned allll about in my microbiology class and nutrition classes. nasty bugger. 

anyway, my sweet husband was working so much but doing everything he could for me.  filling up my water bottles, making me drink the water (which was so painful), calling his nurse mom, calling my unofficial nurse mom, taking my temperature, getting me my drugs, making me what little food i could eat, and making like 3 jamba juice runs (oh and lauren and emily each made one for me, too. it was about all i could get down).
things were crazy but this husband of mine was there for me every second. 
his brother, michael, just left town yesterday morning. it was so fun having him stay with us the past few days. steven is so good to his siblings and such a good example. he wins brother of the year award every year. and definitely wins husband of the year and will win father of the year in a few years...not yet.

i love him.


1 comment:

  1. So I just took Wikipedia for a spin and here's what I found out: that stuff they had you drink was urea. Yes, as in urine. Not urine itself, but a compound in it. Not only did you drink urea. It was radioactive urea. Or at least urea made with carbon atoms that have an unusual number of neutrons. Mmm. Then they gave you like a breathalizer test, right?

    ReplyDelete