31 March 2010

erin in 3

a few items of business you should know about.

1. dana bought her camera. little canon rebel. well, not so little.
so add her to the blog list, there will be some good photos.
2. em put this picture on her blog last night.

christmas 06.
i wish this was the photo we sent out.
dad: natural.
mom: good thing it's been 3.5 years. you're better at it now.
word.
3. erin's coming late friday / early saturday.
if you know when
let me know then.
{rhymer--i think i'll start writing poetry.}

4. my 2nd graders gave me 4 picture books as a departing gift from practicum.
i read one to them.
then they got me this one with "silly dilly" songs.
funny words to familiar tunes, like take me out to the ballgame, now called take me out of the bathtub.
and i sang a few to them.

and they all made me cards.
and one said "you have a yong face"

and one was anonymous and said "i will miss you the most" {from the student who had to stay in 5 minutes at lunch or recess 80% of the time. poor kid. i guess he didn't mind too much.}

and one said,

"dear miss kendrick,
you rock. you are pretty too. you'r hair is cool. you'r alfits are pretty. you are so nice. you smell good.
love
sarah,
p.s i will miss the book we read."
[and then there were some hearts and the letters A B C. and the back said i will miss you so much!]

and my case study student drew a rainbow with a pot o' gold at each end. lucky me! and a leprechaun. and he wrote "I LIKE YOU!" on the inside.

truth comes out.

and good news: my 2nd practicum in may will be in the same class.

2 comments:

  1. actually heidi...i didnt get the canon rebel. its a nikon. sorry bout that. i guess i need to edit my post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jordan was commenting about that picture tonight also. he laughed at mom because she is just like flashing the peace sign with a face. and then he said dad is a natural. he knows what he is doing.
    i LOVE that picture of us. I think this years picture should be us doing an updated picture. :)

    your students are adorable. someone has a little crush on miss kendrick...

    ReplyDelete