01 May 2011

pinch.

13 days!
then you can just call me Heidi Hopper
Photo credits to Brett & Elaine Hopper, my almost in-laws--Thanks!

This photo represents what our relationship is really like.  Steven finds it very amusing to pinch me.  I tell him to stop.  Every time.  He probably never will.

Weekend happenings and highlights:

1.  Steven and I bought a bed.  It is very comfortable.  Hooray for no more worn out apartment mattresses.  Well, in 13 days, that is.  Actually, more like 21 by the time I get to sleep in it.

2.  We also bought some sunglasses for our honeymoon.

3.  Today, I taught my last Relief Society lesson as a single woman.  I used President Uchtdorf's talk, "Waiting on the Road to Damascus" from April's General Conference.

4.  I am currently working on my final classroom newsletter.  This week will be my last full week and I will only be there 3 days next week, so I decided this will be our last one.  Well, I will also be there the last week of school, but we get back from Arizona the day before, so I don't want to have to worry about writing one.  That's the beauty of being a teacher in your own classroom!

5.  I picked up Steven's ring.  He wants to see it and wear it now because we are so close to being married, but I told him no and that he can't see it yet.  And then he tried to tell me it isn't fair that I get to wear one and he can't.  Well, sorry bud!  Mine is an engagement ring and we are still engaged.  His is a wedding band.  And we are not wed.  And I don't wear my wedding band yet.  Confession: I did try it on with my ring, again, when I was home for Spring Break.  Whoops!  

6.  Momma Hopper was up here for BYU Women's Conference with her girlfriends this weekend. They are hilarious.  I didn't know 3 married women, each with a slew of kids, could be so crazy (in a good way, Elaine.  it is good!).  But, then again, that is pretty much how I am with my sisters and girlfriends, so it is good to know that outings with the girls will never change! Steven and I met up with them for dinner Friday night and then a trip to the temple.  I love the temple.  And then we hit up BYU Creamery for some ice cream.  Peanut Butter Trails is death by chocolate AND peanut butter.  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment