08 February 2010

harold, oh harold.

a note to harold
{because i'm liking the notes}

dear harold,

i have such a love / hate relationship with you.
i love you:
you are full of books. you're quiet. you provide many useful resources {books, search engines, computers, people, etc.} for me to use. you open early and close late. you have a fabulous children's book section.

i hate you:
you're cold. you make my hands dry. the bathrooms are a far walk from the cubbies. you make my eyes so dry--i can't wear contacts in there, or i have to take them out when i get to my cubby and blindly walk to the bathroom without my glasses. you're so quiet. i have to go against my integrity to eat food in your presence. did i mention you're cold and make my hands and eyes dry? and you make me so thirsty. which means i have to get up more to use the restroom and fill my water bottle.

i'm sorry harold. the cons are outweighing the pros. and that's why i haven't really been visiting you much in this major. last year you were great. anatomy liked you. so did the chem and the microbio {although, i did not like the microbio}. and human development and some others. but the elementary ed arts semester didn't really need you too much, so i started going less. and this semester, i've only visited you like 3 times. and today i realized why. i rushed from math to the library so i could hurry and get things done. but after one hour, i thought my eyes were going to crack and fall out of my head--and i had glasses on! why? so i gathered my things and sauntered down the stairs and out the door. and then i picked up my pace quite a bit because of the shock the crisp air gave. and i then i ate dinner. and now i've been working just fine from my little desk in my little room. but i took a break for fhe first. and now i am working on my thing. after i click "publish post".

love,
heidi.
soon to be miss kendrick
{yikes!}

i appreciate you though. you are fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment