07 February 2011

hives

recently, my life has been consisting of the following:


*principal observations {went super well}
*5.30 am gym trips 3 times a week {love}
*tws = teacher work sample {deeaaaaath}
*dates, gooood dates {with steven, of course. love.}
      *one of our dates last week was to pf changs, and since i knew the manager, we got 50% off. yessssss.
*benadryl {see below}
*hives {see below}
*lesson plans
*writer's workshop {so fun. my kids beg for it. and ask to work on it during recess.}
*letter writing {see below}
*v.day decorating {see below}
*decision making
*new student {12 boys, 11 girls. odd numbers now! that's okay--he's worth it.}
*misbehaving and unfocused students
*100th day of school {"miss kendrick, this is my most favorite day of school!!!"  "oh yeah?  just wait til valentine's day!"}
*to the point conversations with mom {love her}
*church things
*cold weather. really cold. {except it was pretty nice this weekend. like 35.  and then this afternoon it got cold and icy and windy. yikes. where is spring!?! the groundhog did NOT see his shadow!!}
*field trip on friday. woo hoo!


erin, do you remember that one time when i was in 7th grade and had hives SO badly that my hives had hives?  and i would flash my double hived tummy to you and you were so disgusted?  yeah.  it's not that bad this time.  but it is getting worse.  my itches are turning into red splotches.  and tonight they got a little hive-y.   now, we all know i abhor drugs/medications, but there comes a time when you gotta do whatcha gotta do.  and itchin' ain't one of them.  so benadryl became a player in my life on saturday.  and it's been 2 or 3 a day since then.  can't handle it.


so...why the hives?  i'd like to nominate stress.


at first i was thinking it was probably something i ate or was washing with.  but since i eat the same things and haven't changed my soaps recently, i decided it must have been something else.  then a thought came to my mind.  heidi, it's stress.  and i'm sure i could pay a $25 copay to have a doctor tell me the same thing.

my v.day decorated door.  there's more on it now.  and out the door in the hall is our "to make a friend, be a friend. to keep a friend, be a friend." we wrote with white crayon on white hearts how we will be a better friend.  then we water colored them.



and here is my class mail board i made tonight.  so cute.  we learned how to write "real" letters or friendly notes today. and then they had to write me a little letter.  they are so complimentary! so precious. i love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment