14 February 2011

thoughts on a sunday/monday

P.S. 
{that's pre script, rather than post script.}
{this was meant to be posted yesterday}
{also, this was written throughout the day.}


1:
i should probably finish getting ready for church.

1.1:
i don't know what to wear.

1.2:
maybe i'll wear this cute little soft pink ruffle skirt i have.

1.3:
it's v.day tomorrow, hence the donning of the aforementioned skirt.

2:
I LOVE SUNDAYS.

3:
i wonder if my hives will ever subside.

{end sunday morning}
{begin sunday afternoon}


4:
i LOVE my bishop.


4.1:
did you know my bishop set steven and i up?


4.2:
matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match.
he's good.


5:
steven is helping me with the graphs on my teacher work sample {75% of the reason why i have hives}.


6:
the sun is shining and my window is open.


6.1:
did you hear me?
MY WINDOW IS OPEN!!!
it's february 13th and my window is open in provo, utah!


7:
yesterday i went to the temple.
MAN, i love that place.


8:
pretty blue sky
white mountain
about 40 degrees.
NICE.

9:
SUNSHINE!!!
driving to the temple.
CLEAR, blue sky.
SO HAPPY.

{end sunday afternoon}
{begin monday after school}


10:
someone heart attacked my door during lunch.
who? i think the kids in another class.


10.1:
the hearts all said "mrs. kendrick"


10.2:
one time, one of my girls that always compliments me {"gorgeous! just like you miss kendrick!" and "so, if we were writing a letter to you like, 'dear miss kendrick, i think you are the best teacher in the world,' then we would also want to say more than that like, 'you are so pretty and i love it when you read to us' because that's longer and better.'"}
anyway, we were talking about the difference between "miss" and "mrs." and she said, "miss kendrick, right now you are miss but one day you will be a mrs. because you are pretty and a boy will ask you out."
THANKS!


11:
the 100th day of school was a week and a half ago.
really?  i've been teaching that long?
only about 70 days to go, now.

12:
valentine's day with 2nd grade is just as fun as the 100th day, halloween, thanksgiving time, and christmas time.

13:
i ate a snickers bar today.

13.1:
{you} whaaaaaat??

13.2:
yeah, i did.

14:
steven and i are having a lovely little v.day together.
we're going to make some crepes.
for dinner.
yuuuuuuummmmmmy.

15:
love, love, love.

16:
i need to leave this school and stop at the store.

17:
oh, something really happy: i gave my facilitator (she's the woman in charge of me as a 1st year/intern teacher) the first half of my teacher work sample. i wanted her to look it over and fix some things.  pretty much, i wanted her to tell me if i was going to fail and needed to do it over.
well, good news.  she only fixed like 1 grammatical error and 1 spelling error {i put congenial glaucoma instead of congenital glaucoma.  umm, look up the definitions for each if that is not funny to you.}

18:
ERIN IS GETTING MARRIED IN ABOUT 60 DAYS!! {give or take a few--i'll have to ask her the exact number.  april 9th!!!}

19:
steven and i are going home on friday! home to california, not home to arizona.
SO excited!
9 hours in the car with him! WOOO! {9 hours in the car = boo. but with steven? totally fine with that.}

20:
i can't end on 19, so here's one last thought. my thoughts on valentine's day.
do you really need a national {international?} holiday to express your love to someone?
i sure don't.  but it's just like new year's eve--i feel obligated to do something special.
but really, it doesn't take much to please me or make me feel special, so just a simple "happy valentine's day" is good enough for me.

ps: my "candy closet" here in my classroom is chock full of candy.
dum dums, m&m's, all the king size candy bars i get for my observations/bday/faculty meetings, dove chocolates, reese's, ghiradelli squares, chocolate covered animal cookies, etc.
if you are having a craving for some sweets, just come to my classroom.

sweet tooth fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment