20 February 2011

you're what?

 

engaged!
i'm engaged!!!

so here's how it went down.

but first, you should probably know that last thursday we called the newport beach temple to set an appointment for our sealing.

so, steven and i drove down to california for the weekend.
what you may not know, is that while he was in the temple at his friend's wedding, i was wedding dress shopping with mom, erin, dana, g.ma, and aunt julie {emily was there via picture texts and will be for all of the dress shopping utah in 2 weeks}.

it rained all day saturday.
boo.

we did some wedding stuff with my mom.

saturday night at midnight {okay, 11.45pm}, steven and i made a run to walmart for some kites. it was closed. whaaat? utah's walmart's are open 24 hours!!! what's up with that california!?

so theeeeeen, we came back. and mike and erin said, go to walgreens because it's open 24 hours. really? i'm tired.  okay, fine.  so we did.

we bought some kites.

then after church, i made us some yummy wraps and steven and i drove to the beach and ate them on the sand.

then we flew some kites.


little did i know, there was some paparazzi taking pictures of us for awhile.

my kite wasn't flying. steven had me fly his.  once we got it up there, he went to his backpack that he had to bring {i kind of made fun of him for bringing a huge backpack when we could've just carried our little lunch sack and the kites.} and got a drink of water.

he came back and stood behind me and told me he loved me a few times.
and i said, "i know."
and he said, "i really love you."

and i said, "i know. i love you, too."

and then he said some cute stuff and got down on one knee and said, "heidi marie kendrick, will you marry me?"

and i said, "steeeeeveeeeeeen! of course!"

and i kissed him.

and i said, "i would cry but i am just too happy to!"

and then i kissed him again.

and i was still holding the kite in the air.
and he grabbed my left hand a slide a ring on it.

 then he told me to look to the right and erin, mike, and dana were being the paparazzi.


erin and i are both engaged!!!
april 9th
and
may 14th!


my mom loooooves us.


so i had absolutely no clue.  steven told me the other day that the ring wouldn't be ready until monday. and i said, "whaaaat! why are you telling me this?  now i'm going to be waiting for this all next week!"
and he said, "well, i just didn't want you to get your hopes up and think it was going to happen when we were in california."

now, the ring was overnighted from provo to my house yesterday.
it came while the girls and i were shopping.
and steven asked my dad's permission during that time, too.


we are so in love.


my kids are going to go bizerk!


2 comments:

  1. Holy cow, that is so cute. Kokoro just read your post and we are dying of happiness for you!!!

    ReplyDelete